Why FCP X won’t import H.265 files? How to solve “H.265 can not be imported to FCP X for editing”? This article will tell the reason and solution.
- Only several H.265/HEVC can not be imported to FCP X for editing and I compared the files sizes of the supported H.265 and the unsupported H.265 and found no obvious differences. Why and what kind of H.265 is supported by FCP X?
- I have downloaded a H.265 file and when I try to import this H.265 to Final Cut Pro X for editing the H.265 audio desynced and I want to know how to solve this problem.
I think many users will encounter the issues like the above ones and some of them will not understand why only some of H.265 can be imported into FCP X while others can not. Now the following article will explain to you the reason and also offer a solution to solve cannot import H.265 to FCP X.
Why Some H.265 Can not Be Imported into FCP X?
As per Apple Final Cut Pro X official website we know that High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) is one of FCP X supported video format but not all H.265 can be imported into FCP X. But way we can’t load our 4K H.265 footage from our camcorder/camera to FCP X? Please check your software version, only the latest version (10.4.8) can import and edit H.265 videos well.
How to Successfully Import All H.265 to FCP X for Editing?
If you plan to solve the H.265 and FCP X error, you need to upgrade your software to the latest version, but this job requires your computer hardware configuration (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles and 360‑degree video editing). The most adopted solution is to use a H.265 to FCP X converter to convert the unsupported H.265 to FCP X supported Apple ProRes codecs. And Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, as the most professional H.265 to ProRes converter, is recommended by most of users. The main functions of Acrok H.265 video converter is listed below.
- Convert all unsupported H.265/HEVC containing any unsupported codec to FCP X and other versions supported ProRes.
- Convert all other unsupported MOV, MP4, MKV, AVI, MXF, MTS, etc to FCP X supported video format.
- Convert any unsupported video format to Premiere Pro CC, Vegas Pro, iMovie, DaVinci Resolve supported video format.
- Rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD to H.264, H.265 files for playing on pc, tablet, smart tv, etc.
Make Preparation: Free download H.265 to FCP X Converter
Free download the powerful H.265 to FCP X Converter – Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, install and launch it, the following interface will pop up.
1. Load Videos
Acrok software supports to add the unsupported H.265 by clicking “Add file” button or by drag and drop function.
2. Targeted output format setting
Click the “Format” drop down list to select FCP X more supported “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” or “Apple ProRes 4444 (*.mov)” from “Final Cut Pro” Category.
3. Edit H.265 files (optional)
Click the “Edit” icon to do some basic editing for the H.265/HEVC. Then you’ll see Trim, Crop, 3D, Effect, Watermark, Subtitles and Audio 7 video editing functions as follows. You can trim your favorite part from the video to convert for more fun. If it can meet your edit need, there is no need to import to FCP X for editing.
4. Convert H.265 to ProRes
Finish your conversion from H.265 to FCP X supported ProRes 422 or ProRes 4444 codec by finally clicking “Convert” button.