Panasonic has just introduced a new pro-level 4K handheld camcorder called the Panasonic AG-CX350. The AG-CX350 features a 1″ MOS sensor recording in UHD resolution (3840 x 2160), in the MOV format using a variety of data rates including 400 Mb/s, as well as in HEVC at up to 200 Mb/s. The camcorder can also record HD in MOV, as well as HD/SD in AVCHD format for legacy productions. You can choose from eight different gamma settings including HLG, which provides an HDR output in the camera. It also features variable frame rate capability from 1 to 60 fps in UHD and 1 to 120 fps in HD.
If you are shooting with a Panasonic AG-CX350 4K handheld camcorder, buthave not found a solution yet to load its HEVC/H.265 clips to Premiere Pro CC for basic editing, this post may shed you some light on this.
“Can anyone assist me to import movie files from Panasonic AG-CX350 mirrorless camera to Premiere Pro CC please? I have not found a solution yet and I only have 2 days to deliver my material to my client. I did try downloading the program streamclip and it could not handle the file either. So far I have no way of getting the AG-CX350 HEVC video, which is stored as an .mp4 file into Premiere Pro CC. Does anyone else have any possible solutions? Many thanks for your help in advance!”
If you are shootings with a Panasonic AG-CX350 camera, you may have problems one or another while importing Panasonic AG-CX350 4K HEVC/H.265 footage to Premiere Pro CC for basic editing, that’s because the HEVC is a highly compressed recording format, which is proper for capture and delivery, but not good for editing. In that case, you’d better convert Panasonic AG-CX350 HEVC to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro (CC, CS6, CS5), or transcode Panasonic AG-CX350 footage to H.264 for Premiere Pro CC. If you decide to do format conversion, we would recommend Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, which works excellently as an HEVC/H.265 Converter for Adobe.
How to convert HEVC/H.265 files from Panasonic AG-CX350 to Premiere Pro CC
To be able to import HEVC/H.265 files to Premiere Pro CC, follow these steps:
1. Install and run Acrok 4K Video Converter for Mac as a Panasonic AG-CX350 HEVC/H.265 Converter for Mac. The main interface appears as below:
2. Click on ‘Add File’ to add your Panasonic AG-CX350 4K MP4 footage to the software.
3. Choose output format for Premiere Pro CC
In order to create editable files for Premiere Pro CC, from the Format bar, choose ‘Adobe Premiere MPEG-2 (*.mpg) as output format from ‘Editing Software’ column. Note that the MPEG-2 codec is also accepted by Premiere Elements 2019 and After Effects CC.
4. Click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profile Settings’ window to custom video and audio settings. (for advanced users)
5. When ready, click ‘Convert’ to start transcoding Panasonic AG-CX350 footage to MPEG-2 – the best suited editing formats for using within Adobe Premiere Pro.
6. When the conversion process is done, click on ‘Open’ button to get the generated files and open them in Premiere Pro CC for further editing.